Friday, October 15, 2010

Once more unto the breach

The quote from Henry V, not the Star Trek episode, you wiener!

"Gentlemen in England now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here." Which translates into, O'C sent me a bunch of drops early in the morning, before I lit out. Yesterday was the RR, where we gave all the judges a round off and double-checked the MJP. It was a most miserable trip, fighting NYC commuter traffic in the a.m. and a nor'easter in the p.m., but it was worth it because I got to roam around J&R and think about buying more useless tech stuff, and Bietz showed me Angry Birds, which I then immediately bought, and the P.C. spent an hour reading three paragraphs of Derrida and managed to get a case out of it, to which my comment was, essentially, good case if you take out the Derrida. Bietz also showed me the legendary E button in MJP, the one that JV is afraid to press. We pressed it. It was good.

I know. You wish you too were here in the Bronx right now for three days of peace and love and rock & roll. Oh. What a minute. That's not the Bronx. What was I thinking? Could I go wherever you are?

No comments: