Wednesday, August 11, 2010

#didead, chore list, and the capital of Cleveland is?

As I think I’ve said, I’ve started tweeting about the Disney Debate Adventure on my @jimmenick account. I had started with #dda, but that seems to be pretty busy with other junk, so I’ll put our junk at #didead. No doubt O’C will be tweeting up a storm as well, and probably Kt too. It will probably be fun to follow it, although with any luck it will be more fun to actually be there. We’ll see. O’C is worried that we’ll spend the whole time arguing about disclosure. Allow me to disclose here that the first person on the trip to utter the words “case disclosure” will be chained to a boat at “it’s a small world” and forced to ride it from park opening to park close, without earplugs, for five days straight. Although some people might suggest that a single ride, without the chains, is more than enough.

With all the discussion about disclosure here, as I’ve pointed out, I’ve been distracted from all the other stuff going on, which as we near September, starts gaining momentum. I mean, I’m already registered for three tournaments, there have been other wrinkles about old Big Jake, not to mention the Babycakes RR and so forth and so on. I only managed to get halfway through my various resolution analyses, and I’d like to finish them up. My website needs its annual refurb. I need to grab the NYSDCA website by the tail and look it straight in the eye, but so far I’ve only gotten as far as getting O’C to send me a password. I need to get Bump updated for this year, and explain why I am not particularly perturbed or surprised at its lower TOC qual designation. I need to get the usual suspects organized for the MHL workshop. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. And of course, as more develops on disclosure (I know for instance that O’C has some comments as yet unposted), I’ll pass them along too and, perhaps, comment on them further.

But for now, let me just point out that I have purchased a little portable wifi device, for those magical moments at tournaments where being online would be so nice, but it just isn’t happening. I got it from VirginMobile, same place I got my clunky but oh-so-cheap phone. (I won’t get an iPhone because I refuse to pay the monthly fees, and I doubt if the mythical move to Verizon will change my mind much on that.) I have spent exactly one hour today, an hour which I will never see again, setting this #*&^$%@ up. One hour! What you do is, turn it on, log on, enter the numbers in front of you, give ‘em your credit card, and start surfing. Yeah, right. But I finally did get it working, so please, if you need something from tab in the future, forget about it. I’ll be reading my spam, trying to figure out how to get money to all these poor unfortunates who apparently read this blog which is how they know about me and my exceptionally generous nature. That, and answering trivia questions on sporcle.com.

No comments: