Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And so we bid a fond farewell to 2009... Pfui.

I was rather disappointed that the problem with the Panivore's brother in tabroom was that I had mistakenly (idiotically?) entered him in LD, hence limiting his participation in Speecho-American events. It never occurred to me to look there. CP, experienced in dealing with mistakes (idiots?) found the problem quickly. All is now calm on that front.

The crack View from Tab team recorded what will have to be part one of the review of the decade in LD last night, since we starting yakking and barely began before we had to stop. When you think about it, a lot has happened concerning, literally, the way debates happen. It was a fun conversation. I should get a chance to edit and post tomorrow. The waiting public definitely needs a New Year's Eve podcast of me and Bietz and O'C. I know that if I weren't me, I'd certainly be waiting for it. Then again, a spot check of Sailors shows that they're all about 8 episodes behind. Given that this one coming up is episode 10, we're not exactly setting any records. Or maybe the Sailors have enough of me already. That, I can believe.

While we were warming up, O'C told us of his second life on the Enterprise in, of course, Second Life. Given that his RL (Real Life, as Secondians call it) is practically already on the Enterprise, this seems pretty much more of the same but he has to pay for it. I wonder how much a cabin on the virtual Enterprise costs. Where does it go? Who gets to say, "Engage"? I remain an agnostic on the gaming front. I tried Sims 3 and it never really jogged my interest. I can do Tiger Woods on the Wii, but even saying those words aloud is probably cause for merriment among some, so I probably should keep that to myself. Nevertheless, I designed a relatively good looking avatar to play the game (he looks mostly like me but with a pointy nose and really horrible teeth) and managed to play one over par for my first round. Just like the real thing, sort of, except for the one over par part.

So, I probably won't post again for a little while as I go forth and revel and whatnot. My hope this year is to make it past 10 o'clock, but the odds are against it. The only time I stay up till midnight these days is if there's rounds to pair. Maybe I should bring along Vegas Elvis tomorrow night and practice MJP just to keep awake. If that doesn't make me the life of the party, nothing will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Second Life isn't a game. It's a virtual world. omg.