Monday, October 12, 2009

With apologies to Mrs. Browning. And Mrs. Cruz.

How do I award thee? Let me count the ways.
I award thee at the Robin one and all:
At N.Y.U, the encomiums fall.
At the start of Jake when the teams arrive
I love to start the celebration jive.
Bronx boosters, by sun and candle-light:
I give them freely, tossed out left and right;
I give thee purely, each bright loving cup
To ev'ry man jack who's ever shown up.
I love awards with a passion brimming;
Saturday night you get them for winning.
I love awards for speakers and breakers,
I give them to losers, no-shows, bakers.
On Sunday we give at the end of rounds
And Monday, we put in our order for next year, only twice as many, bigger, and this time, use let's encrust them with diamonds because those emeralds are so...gauche, and then let's email Menick and ask if there's time in the schedule to add, say, just three more award ceremonies, PLEASE!!!!

2 comments:

pjwexler said...

You've got me on the allusion to 'rude', unless you still use galleys to publish at Reader's Digest and you send them over the ocean blue, on old fashioned sailing galleys where they can be published. That would be rather due (and apparently, bare) of you.

Max Katz said...

You've got to be friends with Cruz on Facebook to understand...