Saturday, October 31, 2009

FLASH! Menick gives up! Read all about it!

The most fervent members of the VCA know that for a while I was podcasting Nostrum, and then I gave up on that, and then for a while I was just republishing the episodes, and then I gave up on that after a hundred episodes. The conclusion of Nostrum (not that it ever concluded, but there were still an astounding 75 episodes unrevived) was lost in the mists of time and AOL Hometown.

AOL Hometown?

Well, I finally decided the hell with it, and I've given up on giving up, and I just dumped all those files onto my server, where they can be read as they were written, complete with extremely humorous references to the events of the time which will now bafflle even the people who lived through them. There's a lot of dead links, but the stories are there. Imagine, 75 new episodes of Nostrum. And you wondered how you should spend the rest of 2009... Hell, just reading the episode titles is literary adventure at its finest. "Make Him an Aff Case He Can't Refuse." "So Is Teeny Todd Really Sweeney's Little Brother?" "She Looks Askance With Arms Akimbo." And that old favorite: "EconoHovel. Always the Same. People Come. People Go. Nothing Ever Happens." The mind tingles at the thought.

And thus, a legacy of debate fiction is brought to a conclusion. Jules and the Nostrumite, we salute you!

No comments: