Thursday, September 17, 2009

No noobs is bad noobs, among other sad items

Well, we didn’t get much turnout last night. Or to be honest, we got our usual turnout, but most of them went over to the dark side the Speecho-American group. Not that those particular Sailors couldn’t use an infusion of fresh blood, but so could we. My guess is that we ended up with one stalwart, two likelies, plus the guy who went to MHLW who couldn’t get a ride last night. This other kid, General Will, looked like he’d slither off into oblivion at the first opportunity. Sigh. I read about people getting a hundred novices showing up at their first meeting, and I want to take up a hobby like basket-weaving or something. Maybe I’ll ask O’C for a job. Personal Assistant to the Director of Forensics at Bronxonian Scientology. I can wipe his brow, stuff like that. Something useful, you know?

Upcoming this week is the Vassar RR, where both the People’s Champion and the Panivore (my new novice coordinators) will get to exercise their brains, and I should be able to pick up a thing or two on Sept-Oct. If I can get some time I’ll also get all of this year’s Bump stuff up on line. I’ve got it drafted out, but I need to proof it and then format it for html. Simple enough but time consuming.

People are starting to come to me to slip them off the Pups waitlist, but that’s not really my bailiwick. CP is running the trains, as he has the overview of all the divisions. They’re totally filled up in LD, plus there’s another tournament’s worth of waiters between JV and Varsity. Closing isn’t for a while, but I doubt if things will change much. Anyhow, if you were thinking of slipping me a finif or something to make it happen, I’ll take your money but I won’t be doing anything. That’s life, eh?

Finif? That goes back about 80 years or so; I like to keep up with these things. I mean, I didn’t even know who Kanye West was until whatever awards were given out wherever, although the name was vaguely familiar. If these people weren’t idiots, they’d never make it onto my radar, to tell you the truth. I don’t even bother keeping track of idiotic politicians; there’s just too many of them. I save that brain space for 60s TV trivia and the like.

No comments: