Sunday, June 21, 2009

Why Iran Matters

Andrew Sullivan runs a great blog, which I follow religiously. Even though he and I are usually on different sides of the political spectrum, I tend to either agree with him or at least understand his logic when I don't on most issues. He's been following Iran a lot all week (as have, of course, most people). This article really sums up why very well.

AS: Among the more moving emails I've received these past few days have been from Iranians asking why on earth I seem to care so passionately about what's happening right now. The premise - that somehow Iranians' fight for freedom is a parochial issue that the rest of us should not be concerned with - is heart-breaking. But here's my answer: this is the central event in modern history right now. More...

No comments: