Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Exegesis, future planning, Mass Matt's Mac, etc

Here’s how things are working at the moment here.

Feed articles are posted during my lunch hour (I wonder why), with the FEED: in the header. I’m going to start limiting the subject lines after that to a distinct handful, for simplicity’s sake. I will also keep sending these articles to the unremarked Feed (if I can remember to click the appropriate button, which I forget sometimes when I cross-post). In fact, there will probably be a small number of posts in the Feed not carried over here, because they are of marginally less interest, at least insofar as further notation is concerned.

Non-Feed articles are posted in the evening, usually at 7:30. They have their usual unintelligible subject lines, many of which seem to be taken from random email spam. (Feel free to send me your social security number and all your bank information, if the spirit moves you.)

I’ve now gotten information, I think from WTF, on three tournaments for next year, suggesting I poise my fingers over the keyboard to sign up. All right, Yale does require some planning (guessing how many Sailors might want to go, pretending I have a real number when I go through the hell of securing hotel rooms, etc.), but Big Jake? O’C obviously had a little WTF time on his hands, or else he needed that $5K. I was shocked, shocked, to read that he is planning to give awards bigger than the average everyday SUV for a variety of accomplishments. He’s already solicited that I give two speeches at varying moments, not to mention enlisting my tuba playing skills in the legendary Big Bronx 2AR Marching Band. I hear that JV is playing glockenspiel. Should be very entertaining.

(If any more proof were needed that O’C has got time on his hands, in his archaeology mode Our Man in the Bronx discovered that Ewok is distantly related to some guy who won the one-legged novice declamation championships in Ohio in 1942, or something like that. He was mighty proud of this discovery, beaming away in his broadcast text message. Things must be pretty quiet down there in Kaintuck.)

Come hell or high water, my next job is working on Pfffft. I want to document my thoughts and publish them so that others can tear them apart. Give me a day or two. Or three.

And I’ll be terribly disappointed if Mass Matt goes for 15 inches over 13. Size is not everything. If one is lugging the thing around, less is more. If it’s sitting on your desktop 24/7, then more is more. Plus, it’s about $200 extra per square inch. A studio apartment in Manhattan is about $80 a square inch. $200 a square inch? You’re talking penthouse prices. Moving in with Woody Allen. I dunno…

1 comment:

Matthew Johnson said...

Ahhhh a 13" plug from Mac Master Menick?

Now I really don't know what to go for.