Monday, June 29, 2009

Another weekend bites the dust

Very busy. Really.

First of all, I have alluded in various ways and in various places to discussions some of us are having with the NYSFL. While there’s nothing particularly secret about any of this, it seems judicious to me that these discussions not be the subject of instant analysis here the minute after they happen. Suffice it to say two things: first, the discussions are productive, held in a spirit of mutual respect, and second, shortly there will be ways for other coaches in the state to participate in the dialogue. Slice this any way you want, but it is a good thing.

Secondly, I’m up to my eyeballs in organizing the new computer, which remains unnamed. I sort of like Big Mac, but, well, it’s not as big as the Mac at the DJ, so it seems, I don’t know, a little pretentious. Anyhow, every time I turn around, there’s something else I need to do. Granted, I could have just hooked up the old computer and ported everything over, but that just seemed so…sterile. Besides, I’m using Little Elvis as a fileserver, so to a great degree, what would be the point? This weekend saw the arrival of an FTP program, the indispensable TextWrangler, and the last of my photos, et alia. My pictures situation, in particular, has been a mess for years, with pix spread across computers, disks, etc. Finally, a chance to organize. Plus, I keep finding good shots I’ve forgotten about, including old debate photos. I’ll post ‘em on Facebook and tag ‘em if you’re in ‘em.

I’m also cleaning up the chez, which means that for a while I lost, and then I found, my Pfffft notes from CatNats. I’ll be working on that. I actually did see things that made me want to improve my admittedly haphazard initial take on the activity. With my notes back in hand, maybe this week.

Meanwhile, I’ll keep the Feed articles coming in here, as I find them. I may be too busy to write stuff, but other people aren’t.

No comments: