Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Corrections, expectations, tweets and jobs, with a side order of bacon

So it turns out that Ridge didn’t move, and the problem is that my link went to their Winter speech tournament. Whew. It was too much to deal with, if it had been true. I’ve just updated my online schedule, and that should solve that.

Tonight is Day One of the Sailors, and it’s pouring rain, which should cut out a few of the ribbon clerks. There’s also a District meeting at the same time in the library, which is our usual startup venue, so we’re exiled to the chorus room, normal home of the Speecho-Americans. I am atwitter.

Speaking of Twitter, is anyone else into this at all? I sort of like it, but I’m not sure why. Let me know if you have an account, and I’ll link up with you.

The big news for the Sailors is that tonight I announce the job assignments. In the past this has been known to mark the onset of many a permanent depression, among both the Tars and their coach. When I pick a stinker for a job, I end up paying the price for the whole year, so I do my best, but an adolescent can go stinker on you in the blink of an eye. Engineer/Wrangler, Apprentice EW, Novice Coordinators, Officer in Charge of Morale, Disinformation and General Communicativeness—these are important posts in the scheme of forensic life. The captain(s), on the other hand, requires an election, which will take place in December, so that I can avoid senioritis. “Vote for me ‘cause I’m always right and I never lie” remains the best slogan I know of, and I urge anyone reading this to use it (no need to credit the Firesign Theater, but that is the source).

Bacon admitted Saturday that he’d been AWOL from the VCA lately. With postings like this, who can blame him?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mapquest can't seem to find the Bronx High School of Chtonic Coaching. Weird!

Anonymous said...

tweet tweet
twiddla twiddla deet
tweet tweet
twiddla twiddla deet