Monday, June 11, 2007

The treading of forensic water continues

I somehow managed to motivate myself debatewise enough over the weekend to do a number of things. Chief among them was sending out a notice about next year’s MHL. There’s an odd calendar a’ comin’ in. We’ll get our usual first-timer’s event going the week after Big Jake, and Byram Hills has confirmed the venue (and we’re going to attempt to offer JV divisions as well, room permitting—that was O’C’s idea and it seems like a good one, especially with Monticello no longer offering its JV division). What I hadn’t realized was that there’s two weekends in January before Big Lex, which means, theoretically, opportunities for two events. This is a rare occurrence, since Lex is based on MLK weekend, and I think it’s impossible for this to happen except every six years, if the Leaps allow. Of course, the year squeezes in come March, because of an early Easter. There is a possibility of an event the week after Harvard at Jake, since they host some Districts event or other and there would be room to do it; the only problem is, would there be kids to do it? Anyhow, O’C has offered.

So, I updated the MHL site, and updated my tournament calendar, so that’s one thing I don’t have to think about for a while. I put up a new Nostrum when I found a few minutes, which always instills in me a sense of accomplishment. I learned that once again I get to chair the dreaded New York State NFL Red Light District, and promised myself that, someday, I’m actually going to vote in this election.

Otherwise, I’ve been beavering away on non-debate stuff which should be of no interest to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, if you'll kindly change "Jon Cruz of Bronx High School of Science" to "Jon Cruz of the Bronx High School of Science" on the main MHL page, I'll be totally happy.

Really.

;o)