Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The "The" Chronicles; I've got a million more Goldwynisms, if you want 'em

Great moments in forensics history: O’C was not happy with his listing on the MHL home page. He even added a comment here. Instead of saying Jon Cruz of Bronx High School of Scientology, it should say Jon Cruz of the Bronx High School of Scientology. Initially I felt that changing it to the Jon Cruz of Bronx High School of Scientology would be enough, or maybe Jon the Cruz of the Bronx High School of the Scientology, and then there was the always popular Jon Cruz of the the. But ultimately I acquiesced, since only he would appreciate an alternate sentiment, while anyone looking at the home page from a neutral corner would think the whole operation is bordering on insanity. Not that it isn’t, but we shouldn’t present that front and center.

I do feel sort of un-newsy. Not that much is happening. The list of people planning to go to Kansas includes me out (to paraphrase Sam Goldwyn), which means that, simply put, my year is over. I need to get my head back into the Legion of Doom game, after having promised Smilin’ J I’d do some work and not having even thought about it, and no doubt he wants it by NatNats. O’C wants to register for Bump, but at this point I’m still only meditating about it. The website says, metaphorically, Gone Fishin’ and metaphorically gone fishin’ I will be, till about August, although I did tell him that if he wants to simply start paying nuisance fees I’d be happy to accept them. Few of the Sailors are even thinking about Yale, which may mean that the few who do go get a fairly free ride, since we have last year’s Bump candy money going into the pot. I’ve heard one or two disturbing things about some local programs going forward, and I need to track them down, but I won’t discuss them here until they’re verified. I’m not exactly in the business of publishing rumors. Unless they’re about OC, and especially juicy.

Give me, say, five more hours in the day, and I’d be in hog heaven.

No comments: