Wednesday, February 21, 2007

You and what army? Oh, that army.

Well, talk about coinky-dinkies: those RJT clones have come back to bite me on the butt. Literally, sort of. It has been suggested by one of our region’s denizens that our Red Light District’s congress is a little too red light district and not enough altar boys on parade, and the RJT clones were cited as the example of choice. Or maybe it was the Chuck Norris clones, given their innate higher objectionable level. It was clones, though. Definitely clones.

(No Sondheim puns will be forthcoming, although the temptation is almost irresistible. Shut up and have a little priest!)

(That wasn’t a pun.)

I’m sort of torn on this one, because I have to admit I thought the army of RJT clones was pretty funny. But if it’s actually hindering the working of the congress at a disciplinary level, then it’s not acceptable. After a letter of reply longer than War and Peace in the original Greek, I put the burden on the coaches. If they want to submit legislation for an army of RJT clones, then the fur is going to fly, and they might want to think twice in the future about keeping the level of the proceedings a bit more hoity-toity. Realistically my hands as chair are tied. The way I read the rules, any legislation is acceptable, provided it’s on time. And it would take an army of RJT clones to change the NFL rules. Try it, if you don’t believe me. Try it without the army of RJT clones first, and then with. You’ll notice the difference immediately.

No comments: