Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Chuck vs. RJT

Somehow I’m going to have to figure out a way to hold a district event that will qualify a policy team. Monti does want to send people, while the other polician schools are shunning Kansas as any reasonable person might. I guess they don’t have reason up there in Monticello. Otherwise they’d be somewhere else.

I shouldn’t say anything bad about Montwegians, though, otherwise Rose Joyce-Turner won’t help at Districts. Last year the Montwegian congress bill was to create a clone army of RJTs, which I think was going to insure universal peace. Sounds likely on face, but unfortunately the congressional wags turned it into an army of Chuck Norrises. This was a mistake, obviously. What could Chuck do that RJT couldn’t do better? It’s not even close.

I spent a bunch of time yesterday picking away at the TRPC files, trying for automation. Chris Palmer said he might try to do likewise. I even went so far as to dig out my old floppy drive and plug it into my PC, which is like reinstalling DOS 3.1, only moreso. (If there were a clone army of RJTs, they would not equip themselves with floppy drives, although a clone army of Chucks might.) I was able to upload team names from a text file, which is as advertised, but not for multiple divisions. I also tried things like using Evil TRPC files in Good TRPC, but that was a bust. Fortunately this particular automation isn’t essential, given how I can macro out the data from spreadsheets probably almost as quickly, but it does pose a thorny question that the enquiring mind wishes to solve. Maybe CP’s enquiring mind can solve it; mine seems to be quickly running out of inspiration.

Coming up is one last weekend of freedom before 4 of progressive forensic complexity, from Lakeland's nov/jv to Iona’s combo of Regional/CFL to Grands to Districts. Obviously we’ve got to make this weekend count. Maybe the Frick. Maybe the Met. Something elevated, in either case. The sinking will begin soon enough.

No comments: