Friday, December 29, 2006

Then again, maybe W was actually in one of the Jackass movies

I am in the process of waiting for notification from iTunes that they have accepted the feed of “The View from Tab” for syndication. This means a number of things. First, that I have written correct XML for the feed. Second, that I have updated my podcast page. And third, that I have recorded “The Postmodern Condition.” I like this lecture. It attempts to explain what it means to be an artist, or an architect, or perhaps most importantly, a philosopher, in an age of postmodernism. It frames everything within the concept of dialectics, and the failure of history as a dialectic. The death of architectural modernism is explained as the birth process of the actual concept of something that would be known thereafter as post modern, and it shows how all artists, and probably all thinkers, must confront the breakdown of the historical dialectic, i.e., the postmodern condition. Needless to say, it includes no quotations from Adam Sandler, George Bush or any members of the casts of any Jackass movie. It is meant as a standalone piece, a short general introduction to the idea of postmodernity as compared to the detailed explanations of Caveman.

It’s amazing what someone can do with a little free time on their hands. The point of creating “View” as a feed is so that I can post future installments to a waiting public, snicker, snicker. I have an idea for a show with me and Faux’C; more on that as it develops in my mind.

Next on the day’s agenda: making some Disney World dinner reservations. I don't know if I can keep up this amazingly hectic pace...

No comments: