Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hiatus

I've been out of commission for a while, and will be for a little while longer. Short reason: my wife has just had an operation. The good news is that everything went well, she is doing fine, and the prognosis is excellent. Curiously enough, there is a computer in the solarium of the hospital, although there is no sun, so I had a minute to log on and write this. She should be going home either Monday or Tuesday, and normalcy should set in roughly by the end of the week.

By the way, driving home last night I heard Garrison Keillor rhyme hiatus with potatoes (pronounced pa-tay-tas). I could use him the next time I go into my Dr. Seuss mode.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything went well Jim. We missed you this weekend at the ever popular cfl. A dash of calm in the face of sheer unspeakable idiocy was needed but I think your wife needed that more.

Happy Holidays and speedy recovery to your wife

Joe Vaughan

Anonymous said...

Yes we missed you. And, I always loved Dr, Seuss.