Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Seeds and stems (again)

Is every Commander Cody album identical? The title of this entry does lead one to wonder...

Anyhow, last night reminded one of Yogi Berra's theory that it ain't over till it's over. And, my friends, it's over. Three novices and one captain showed up, plus me; hardly enough to launch into a rousing chorus of logical fallacy, with a few rounds of Scots poetry thrown in for respites of joviality.

So, I sent everybody home, and went back to working on Mr. BusinessMan. One more bout and I should have the first draft done. I also ordered a USB microphone. I really am serious about creating a series of lectures to store online. BusinessMan is as good as any to start with, considering its nonspecificity. Plus I'd like to finally fire up GarageBand to get my money's worth out of Little Elvis. This will be my chance.

I have demanded cases from the novices going to states; maybe it might help them avoid pure absurdity if they actually show me their positions for once. Given that Termite seems to be running the one thing I told the team never to run on this topic, this is probably not a bad idea. Curiously enough, running the one thing I told the team never to run on this topic seemed to have the result of his picking up virtually no ballots. Quelle surprisarooni, as they say during Paris riots. Nevertheless, it was hard for the Termite to make the connection that running the one thing et cetera et cetera et cetera and losing were somehow connected.

Aaarrgghhh.

I am also polling for true interest in an S&S lecture (besides HoraceMann, the Superhero without any Superpowers). Given that Peanuts had no idea what I was talking about, despite my having mentioned it umpty-three ways to Sunday, I'm not particularly sanguine about the results of this polling. I'd like to do it, but I don't want to kill myself over it and have no one show up again. I'll do it as a podcast if that's the result, and take my time with it. (Given Baudrillard's opinion of reality, he would be amused no doubt that there is nothing certain in life, except perhaps that NoShow will send a message asking where and when the meeting is every Tuesday at around five o'clock. It would be easier for him to send said message as a response to my earlier message saying where and when the meeting is. That way he could read his own message on the listserver when it arrives, and with just a little scrolling, find the answer. Reality becomes art. Art becomes reality. And NoShow grinds on unsuspecting of either.)

I've put a link to Pandora over on the right side. I love this (thank you, my child). Today I'm going to try for some African music (I just bought this album by this Ugandan that I'll elaborate more on eventually). Quiet standards and Brazilia are doing just fine so far, and it's time to pursue new avenues. Also maybe a little Rockabilly. Starting with Commander Cody! Eee-ha! Back in the Ozone!

Some time today I'll update myself on LDEP. Then you. 1:28 tee time Sunday. NYC Saturday. New ribs restaurant maybe Friday.

It's summertime.

No comments: