Thursday, March 02, 2006

Names changed to protect the innocent

Why do I bother? The journalistic yabbo gave us enough personal info to steal his identity and take this plane to Cuba, Termite has outed himself as Paul who doth not protest enough about his transgressions if you ask me, and O'C claims that his email is on every debate website in America which I don't doubt for a moment.

I shoulda stood in bed.

What I realize I haven't done, what with being out of the country, is prepped more for Districts. I know that doesn't sound like much to you, but you try it some year, you ungrateful cur. I'll sort it out over the weekend, print up the latest manuals, estimate some numbers for Joe V to buy the evening's gruel, etc., etc., etc. At the same time, I have to figure out my new DVD recorder. Ask not why I bought this, but I just couldn't resist. I'm claiming that this is how I'm spending my winnings from this year's SuperBowl office pool. (I did tell you I won, didn't I? Again? It's just plain skill, of course.) The question is, how does this weld into the stack of equipment already there? The 2 VCRs, the DVD player, the speakers, the PS2, the cable box, the TV. I pulled out a box of random electrical gear from the basement, the detritus of previous setups, in preparation for an hour I'll never get back again. And you've got to wonder what the point is, given that I really never watch all that much. I just like the technology, I guess. I'm assuming that I will have Pip back to help, assuming I do this on Sunday. Kt, the Spamfree Goddess of Silence, has been caring for him, and I think I'm picking him up after Regionals, although confirmation of this or much of anything is as rare as a serpent's tooth. (No, wait a minute, that's King Lear, and it's daughterish but—Yeah, you got it.) I miss him. I keep seeing him around the house, but he keeps not being there. Must be one of those Fuseli gothic nightmares I picked up at the Tate...

Meanwhile, the snow is snowing, the wind is blowing, and I'm headed to the dentist in a minute to fix the tooth I chipped chewing gum on the way to the UK. Very tough gum, that. I'm starting to fuse back into NYC time; maybe tonight, I'll clean up some of the pile of crap that's been accumulating on my desk and even get back to BusinessMan (for which I need a better name). We'll see. If I leave the stormy office early, definitely. That, or set up the DVD recorder. Whichever looks like more fun for a snowy evening.

No comments: