Monday, July 23, 2012

Tech: There. Fixed it.

None are so blind as those who can't find what they are looking for.

Thanks to Professor Ryan Miller, I now have RSS code that will either give you a feed of everything in the blog, or just give you a feed of debate stuff (which will include some non-debate stuff, similar to what I used to do here before I was struck on the head by the Grinwout's bug). Once I got started on this, I went on and also added Arts only, Amusement Parks only, and Tech only. It's all over near in the right-hand column. If you are an RSSer, and why wouldn't you be, you now have your choice. I would trust that you might take it all, but you may wish to separate the various stuff by theme. I know I was certainly trying to separate it myself, so I understand the impulse. As you've probably figured, I'm narrowing down the posts to a handful of subjects. I'm hoping these broad categories are enough. Occasionally there will be something that doesn't fit; that will be collected in the general RSS, so it won't get lost.

Meanwhile, the whole tags thing is starting to bother me no end. I would like to limit the number of tags, but once something already has a tag, it seems pretty much impossible to untag it, at least as a batch process. Oh, well. We will continue to look forward! And I'll eliminate the tags box, as pretty useless anyhow. If you want to search for something, search for it.

No comments: