Friday, June 03, 2005

Lightening up

All right. Enough already. I'm running out of words. When do I get my paycheck for this stuff, anyhow?

I heard from the Nostrumite last night. He's in a state of permanent depression over having to get back to the real world again after his honeymoon. He and Odelie mostly just lapped up sun and pina coladas for a couple of weeks while the rest of us were in Milwaukee (his guys hadn't qualified, which was too bad, because I wanted to see the expression on O'Cruz's face when I introduced him to the non-existent Mite). As proof of his return, he has posted a new installment of TWHS, and he claims he is back in business sharpening his metaphoric pencil and bearing down hard. So marriage obviously hasn't addled him all that much. Yet.

As for me, I've got a couple of things to do. I want to break down the PF Nationals topic (preferably with an Uzi), I'm looking forward to my first free Saturday since April to continue my fruitless pursuit of wirelessly connecting my home computers, I'm back on the golf course on Sunday with all new grips (when people tell me to get a grip, I do just that), last night I embarked on God of War, the galleys of the new Doctorow are on the credenza (but first I have to finish the Eco), Caveman continues to beckon (I did very little in Wisconsin), my fingers have forgotten what the piano keyboard feels like, the new Paul Johnson Art book is sneering at me from the coffee table, there's the summer reading list to settle, much hassling over MHLs for next year, etc., etc., etc. You know, maybe I should have retired when they gave me that award!

No comments: