Tuesday, March 22, 2016

In which we decide to GTT

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

NDCA is conducting a Coach Development Conference in May down in Dallas. I mentally hemmed and hawed about going for a while. I liked the idea, and I might learn a few things, and I might be able to add a little something to the conversation. But I’d have to pay for it out of pocket, and give up a couple of days off from the DJ. One of the modules will be about running tournaments, a subject I think I know more than a little about (although CP will no doubt disagree), so I finally bit the bullet and signed up. I found the cheapest flight ever to anywhere (under $200!) which leads me to believe that, if supply and demand is true, there is an enormous supply and not much demand for Texas in May, or else supply and demand works some other way altogether. (Actually, I’ve read that supply and demand in the real world is a myth. Since I know nothing about economics, I can believe it. Or not.) I also look forward to hearing some of the other presentations. I’ll report on them soon enough. And I’ll shortly be starting on my own presentation, and will keep you posted along the way on that. I know you’re dying to hear all the gory details. Or not.

Despite the lack of tournaments until September (excepting NDCA), I’m mightily busy for the next couple of months, at least on the weekends, and sometimes during the week. And the latest new pressures (all good) on the DJ are keeping me groundstone-directed nosewise. In other words, I’m heading into a busy period. I may be erratic in posting for a while. I know for a fact that my busyness is affecting Jules and the Nostrumite in their writing of Nostrum episodes, although why my being busy slows them down is beyond me. Cosmic synch, I guess.

As I’m sure I’ve mentioned, since NDCA is in Orlando, I am taking advantage of the opportunity for a little research time at WDW and Universal. I’m leaving in two weeks, so I’m finally starting to think about it for real. I’ll keep you posted on the details of that, because I know that, if you love Disney, you’re interested, and if you hate Disney, you’re happy that I’m going in your stead so that you don’t have to.

Am I a pip or what?

(BTW, GTT is a real thing. Look it up.) 


No comments: