Monday, July 29, 2013

Usquebaugh, etc.

Two registrations open this week, Fairly Large Bronx and the Pups. If that doesn’t mean the new season is about to begin, I don’t know what does.

I’ve finish updating the Academy Debate memo so it’s ready for primetime, which will be the launching of the Monticello registration. We’ve got to work on that and the curriculum for the Workshop pretty much at the same time, but that’s okay. The Workshop is fairly well established at this point, and it’s more just a matter of updating who’s doing it as compared to deciding what they’ll do. Academy depends on what, exactly, the new topics are, and we'll jump off from there.

CP is running off in August to tab in Ireland, then traversing the old sod before traveling thence to Edinburgh and London. I think he’s making a big mistake refusing to try the haggis, which I (seriously) recommended to him. The other national dish of Scotland is deep fried Mars Bars, which I would suggest he avoid, but then again, both dishes are washed down by the local whiskies, so who knows how impaired his judgment once he gets over there.

The DisAd14 tribe will be gathering in mid-August to play miniature golf (sadly without CP, obviously). I’d really rather go to WDW, but, well, you know that we postponed it. Just about a year to go, if you’re following the countdown.

And the move to our new digs at the DJ has uncovered more crappy prizes than I have room for in the Crappy Prize vault at the chez. Too bad. You can't swing a cat around here without hitting a CD collection of non-hits by has-beens (my favorite musical category), or a random Barbie accessory or the odd hugging Elmo. I should rent out O'C's new apartment for storage. He'd never notice all my crap, what with all his crap already in situ.


No comments: