Wednesday, May 29, 2013

How about them Mets?

I seem to have nothing but half-finished and half-begun projects, and it’s probably because, I must admit, I’m not doing anything productive. I’ve put everything off until after vacation, at which point I can begin to feel the light footsteps up my back of an approaching season, plus I’ll be putting out The House on Summer Street, so I should at that point get back into the swing of productivity. I’m so off my normal orientation that I spent Monday doing chores around the house. I am the designated food person in the family, which I consider carrying a pretty good load chore-wise. I am also willing to pay artisans and laborers to pop over to the chez and do the heavy lifting that would otherwise fall to my lot. Cleaning off the patio? I should have photographed myself in the act, just to prove that it was possible.

I continue to get spam comments, but only on one old post. A similar batch of comments keep cropping up to exactly one post in TVFT. I’ve stopped deleting them because it isn’t worth the bother, considering the age of the posts. I sort of want to get in touch with the spammers and tell them that their system isn’t working too well, as it always goes to the same place in dead cyberspace. You know, you start feeling sorry for them… Next thing you know, I’ll be sending money to Nigeria.

Did I mention that we’re good to go with Academy for Monticello? I threw together a schedule that allows an opening module before round one, as we did with Byram Hills. The thing is, they have the day off, so we can get a bit of an earlier start, with registration at 1:00 and then the module at 2:00 and then still have three full rounds. I really want to get this tournament back on track again.

Other than that, as I implied, I’m mostly just treading water until vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Academy at the Kaiser will be awesome.

Anonymous said...

very informative blog
legal process outsourcing