Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Annette mysteries

We have had a triple play of recently deceased iconic celebrities: Ebert, Thatcher and Funicello. The usual suspects have written up the appropriate eulogies at great length, and there's not much crossover among them, and I certainly have nothing in particular to add to what's already out there. I was in the great unwashed of Siskel & Ebert watchers and a follower of Ebert ever after, I lived in wide-eyed fear that some day I might come across Margaret Thatcher in the flesh and she would cut my head off with just a look, and I sat in front of our little black&white TV in the '50s and watched as many episodes as I could of "The Mickey Mouse Club." I'm just like everyone else in all of this, and I will miss each of these people accordingly.

One thing that I did see that is unusual is this: Annette Funicello on your Kindle – and more . One does occasionally see these old star-oriented mysteries in antiques shops or even used bookstores. I have to believe that they're absolutely dreadful, but at the same time, I do get kick out of seeing them. Who knew that Annette had her share of them?

Oh, for simpler times...

No comments: