Monday, February 11, 2013

Updating

There were a lot of unexpected days off this weekend. Friday I didn’t go into the DJ, but I did put in a full day’s work reading for them. It’s amazing how not sitting in front of my computer leads to so much more work getting done, especially when I didn’t have to leave early for Scarsdale. And then there was all of Saturday, and then all of Sunday. A whole weekend off? During the season? What is this thing, anyhow?

I used the time to address my website. I began by looking at the construction tools provided by the host, but gave up on that after a while. The thing is, they offer a lot of templates, and I didn’t like any of them. Granted, the way my site is designed now is about as generic as you can get, but the lack of a design fashion statement is a fashion statement in and of itself. Wedding myself to some template that, when all is said and done, is just making do, ultimately did not appeal. I decided to just clean up what I had.

That said, I went at it. I did not finish, but I got most of it done. I broke it down primarily into forensics, writing and audio, which further breakdowns within each category. The more I got into it, the more crossovers I found, that is, writing noted only on the podcast page, debate writing that wasn’t noted anywhere, all sorts of loose ends that needed tightening. As I went along, I realized that probably a lot of the debate stuff is outdated, but addressing that is a different business, something more for the open hours of summer to come. I was also rather impressed with how much of it there is. I have been the busy little beaver, I’ll say that about me.

I’ll update everything after I’ve had a chance to test all the new links. It won’t be a revolutionary difference, but it will make slightly more sense and highlight a few things that need to be highlighted that were previously being ignored or forgotten. I figure another week or two, what with one thing or another also making demands on my time. Whenever it is, you’ll be the first to know.

No comments: