Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Oh no, not you again!

Things seem so quiet all of a sudden.

Upcoming this week is Scarsdale, and it turns out I’ll be bereft of Sailors because an ex-Tar who moved to Utah is coming back for a special return engagement. Or something like that. All I know is that people signed up, and then they unsigned up, or signed down, or whatever, and all of a sudden it was me on my lonesome. Not that it matters. I’ll have fun with the usual suspects in tab, it’s not a particularly long trip, and there’s the special bonus of watching JV attempt to be nice to people all weekend. Who wouldn’t want to see that?

Tonight we’ll discuss Obamacare, which is the March PF topic, pulled no doubt from the barrel labeled, “We’ve Run Out of Ideas So Let’s Do That One Again.” I mean, I have nothing against it as a topic, but it is getting a little old. I mean, we didn’t vote for the guy who promised to repeal it, and SCOTUS has spoken (although I did some reading today and Roberts was nothing if not clever about it), so what’s the point? It’s been in the press so much that they had to add another rider to the law to provide health care for those who were sick and tired of hearing about health care. Not to mention its use in debate rounds. I feel as if I spend my entire life writing Obamacare arguments pro and con on the board and turning to my right winger and asking her what the other side thinks. Been there, done that, in other words. Oh, well. Going there, doing that again, I guess.

This will be the last topic of the year, unless some miracle occurs and my sophomores qualify for CatNats. Not that it can’t happen, but their record suggests that it is on the wrong side of unlikely. PF has been strengthening in these parts lately, with some new programs plus more dedication from old programs. You could almost walk into qualifying in the olden days. Not so anymore. The region has gotten tough. And that’s a good thing.

No comments: