Tuesday, April 24, 2012

In which we continue to push you-know-what

On Grinwout’s:

I continue to pump them out, and seem to be getting a little traction. More people read this, though, than that, for some reason. Which means, if you’re one of those who aren’t following it, that you’ve missed things like a life-sized replica of the Starship Enterprise, Daffy Duck’s finest hour, a working version of WDW in Minecraft, Haruki Murakami, Tim Curry, a lost Monty Python travelogue, and the price of bootleg liquor for the Algonquin Round Table. Not to mention my sterling commentary on all of these things; maybe I should put up a subhead, “It ain’t just links!”

The url is http://grinwouts.blogspot.com/
The RSS is feed://grinwouts.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
The Twitter feed is @grinwouts
The Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/Grinwouts

I’m not sure about keeping the fb page, but everyone says that one must. Of course, everyone also says that one must do it in Google+ and, heaven forbid, Pinterest. I looked at Pinterest for a few minutes once and ran away screaming, so it might take some time for that to happen. However you view it, please go like it on Facebook (even if you detest it with every fiber of your being). Apparently if the page gets enough likes, I get to do more interesting stuff with it, and I’m curious to see what. The other thing is that whenever anyone likes the blog itself or a given item via fb, it gets on their feed, which gives it more exposure.

Which raises the question (note correct avoidance of the phrase “begs the question”), why am I doing this? I’m obviously not in it for the money. As I’ve said, I just got into the habit when I was doing it for the DJ. It’s nice not to have to tow the DJ line with it, meaning more fun stuff and occasionally NSFW language (albeit never NSFW content, because of the tender age of some of my followers who do, nonetheless, swear like fishwives) and fewer guides to parenting. I mean, can you affored to miss videos like this one:


No comments: