Thursday, April 05, 2012

Grinwout's Pt 3

The blog is not pure aggregation. That is, it’s not just a hot link to something else. Each link is part of a short article, and it was always my intention, in every version of the blog, that it could stand alone. That is, you could read just the entry I’ve written and get enjoyment out of that, but if you were interested in the subject and wanted to know more, there was the link to click through. I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed on the other end, but by giving what I consider entertainment on the front end as well, you won’t be disappointed coming or going. Additionally, there are occasional birthday commemorations, usually drawn from YouTube. There I try to be less than predictable, looking for the less than famous who should be more famous, or finding the obscure rather than the obvious (although, occasionally, only the obvious will do). And once in a while, I just get inspired to write something up because I want to write it up, much as I do here.

I played around with different configurations of blog, Facebook and Twitter, thinking that they might be complementary somehow, but in the end decided that they would just be different gateways to the same material. So Twitter gets the RSS from the blog directly, while I just enter the link and a couple of words into the Facebook page. (That used to be automatic, RSS to fb, but they killed that functionality, and I figure it won’t kill me to enter directly rather than automate Twitter to fb, which doesn’t grab me, for some reason.) If you’re a Facebooker, I’d appreciate your liking the Grinwout’s page, because if I hit a certain number, I get some goodies that aren’t available to the riff and the raff directly off the streets.

As we enter the dry season for debate, and people stop debating every week, and all that’s left are some finals and then institutes, there won’t be much for me to talk about here, so however you follow this blog you should also follow Grinwout’s. If you’re an actual debater, it will do you good. You need to put something into your brain other than the knowledge of whether it makes sense to run an RVI when the moon is in Pisces. Having not terribly much to say here may lead me to simply pointing there, from here, once in a while, just to drive some traffic. In the end, of course, I don’t have unrealistic expectations. I know the traffic that CL drives, and I’d like to see likewise with Grin, which would mean a sizeable enough audience to warrant the time I’m spending on it. If it doesn’t come to pass, so be it, and I’ll finally give up and start playing videogames. (I can’t wait to dance with Mara Jade in the new Star Wars Kinnect game. Don’t tell Luke…)

No comments: