Thursday, February 23, 2012

And then I listened to Avenue Q...

Well, I wasn’t exactly true to my podcasting plans. I did check Skype last night at 9:00, saw no one lit up, and immediately went on to other things. Then again, no discussion had ensued during the day about TVFTing, so what did I expect? I need to set better ground rules or something. Part of it might be that I really don’t want to do it every week. Every other week sounds much more sane. How much of people whining about debate can anyone take, after all? In addition to what they get in person, that is.

And I will point out for you audiobook fans that 1Q84, which I started listening to on January 2, 2012, ended this morning. This is at the rate of about an hour and a half a day. I obviously enjoyed it, or I would have bailed weeks ago, but still, that’s almost 8 solid weeks. And to think I was considering George R. R. Martin! I can read him way faster than I can listen to him, I’ll bet. As a listen, I wouldn’t necessary recommend or not recommend the Murakami. If you’re really looking for a good audiobook, grab Stephen Fry reading Hitchhiker’s Guide—pure bliss.

1 comment:

Palmer said...

I think actually if we did it every week we'd fall into the habit better.

But Wednesday nights so late are kind of bad. I end up going out a lot Wednesdays.