Friday, March 18, 2011

What’s up?

My mother was taken ill two weeks ago today. We took her to the hospital, and while she was terribly disoriented, she seemed to have no physical problems. She certainly wasn’t in any pain. The doctors offered a variety of diagnoses, but admitted that they were stumped. Fortunately, she recovered herself over the next few days, and we were able to take her back to our house. She stayed there a few days, and seemed to be back to normal, at which point we figured that she could go back to her own condo, about 15 minutes from our house. Obviously she was going to need a regular eye on her health, but the doctor agreed that she was doing fine. The next couple of days were spent primarily chauffering around to her various physicians.

Yesterday, she relapsed, and we brought her back to the hospital. I’m not quite sure what will happen next. So far there is no new diagnosis, but they are adjusting her medications.

This blog is, of course, not about my personal life except insofar as that life intersects with debate and debate life. Still, people sort of expect me to be here, as well as at various real-life venues, and lately that has not been the case, and I felt that some explanation was called far. You don’t need to feel that you should send me messages of support; I know you understand, and I know you’ll be hoping for the best outcome. I appreciate all the friends I have made over the years in forensics, and know that they are always there for you.

Tomorrow I’m going to run the CFL qualifier in Manhattan, and next week I’m running the NFL qualifier in Pelham. I am going to try to get things back on track while solving the problems at hand with the help of my family. It is all one can do. If I can get my schedule back into some semblance of alignment, I also hope to recommence posting here early next week.

Again, thanks for you implicit support.

No comments: