Saturday, January 02, 2010

Savoring the last of the hiatus

In order to keep myself amused (no easy task), I post polls on the TVFT blog site. These are important pulse-readings of the debate community: I suggest that you take a look.

We just got back from visiting relatives in NH, and there's still a couple of days before life resumes as normal. (Bietz, on the other hand, is fighting through 9 levels of hell MJP at the VB tournament in Los Angeles.) I can't remember having this much free time that has been put to such good use. I've organized, set up, fixed, cleaned, learned, etc, all manner of things. I feel caught up, in other words. Given that the upcoming stretch of tournaments is pretty demanding, that's a good thing. My next weekend off is at the end of March. Not that I want to suggest that I'm wearing myself out or anything; I do this voluntarily, and I much prefer the busy, useful weekend to the empty, nappy weekend. But those latter do have their place, once in a while, and make the former that much more manageable.

So, today, I'll doodle a bit on the MHL blowout (O'C and I need to nail this), look over the cur and get ready for the next few weeks, play a round of golf on the Wii, and maybe watch a movie, among other things. Then there's tomorrow, and more of the same, and then...

No comments: