Friday, January 08, 2010

Oh, no, he’s at it again.

Yeah, I’m afraid so.

While I remain a dedicated believer in RSS, the rest of the world has not followed my lead on this. Then again, the rest of the world wasn’t born in the editor patch. I get the sense that the bleeding edge have moved on from RSS readers, and the bloody middle never moved to them. So it goes.

The VCA knows well that, one way or the other, I have been trying to establish my feed of relevant articles for debate. It is easily accessible as a blog, which is its basic format. Occasionally I read an article and tag it without any comment, which means that it doesn’t go into my blog first but goes directly into the feed, meaning that these don’t get seen by the blog reader. I may have to change that in the future, even though some articles don’t need me to say anything about them, especially when they’re reposts of other debate blogs, as they occasionally are. Anyhow, that’s for me to worry about.

Meanwhile, there is the @jimmenick Twitter feed. I use this for some general stuff, but realistically it is 99% debate directed, so I was thinking that, for me personally, Twitter might be a good way to broadcast feed postings. So, using Twitterfeed, I’ll be doing just that (until I decide to do something else). Every time I put an entry into Coachean Feed, it will be subsequently and automatically tweeted via @jimmenick. (I’ll keep @debatetab clean for running tournaments.)

I’m debating whether to also run this blog into @jimmenick. Maybe, maybe not. It depends on what else I use the account for as I play around over the next few weeks with this new process.

Anyhow, that explains, if you follow @jimmenick, what I’ve been up to with it. If you follow an RSS of Coachean Feed already, that will not change, and if you just go to that blog once in a while to check it out, that won’t change either. The only thing that changes is my use of Twitter as an announcement tool.

Sometimes I think, if technology didn’t exist, I would have to invent it myself.

No comments: