Thursday, December 11, 2008

"When it came time to hit Enter, I was just too exhausted and felt as if it were time for that trip to the Bahamas..."

Your friendly neighborhood traveling tabroom has been getting rather excited lately about Dropbox.com, where we can share files, including TRPC data, before, during and after tournaments. CP was the first to get us onboard, and I’ve been using it for the last month or so for everything imaginable. O’C finally signed up (I’ve been bugging him for ages, but the VCA knows how hard it is for people to go to a website, put in their email address and click enter—life is a bear for debate coaches, people), and I’ve put out invites to Kurt and Kaz in preparation for Ridge. What we have in Dropbox is yet another thing I can’t imagine having living without all these years. We live in amazing times.

The Tiggers seem to have fallen off the map insofar as posting their results go. I think they’ve shut down all their emails and gone fishin’. Jeesh! The tournament wasn’t that all-fired wonderful. I did submit their TOC qual people to JWP and company. (Note to self: Find out what the Ridge team had for breakfast last weekend and serve it to the Sailors.) I’ll pdf my copy of the Tigger results tonight if I get a chance while I’m polishing the Ridge data. At least the VCA will know how they did last weekend.

I also posted the MHL data from Byram, now that O’C finally dropboxed up and passed it over to me. I am such the busy beaver.

For the meteorologists and historians in the group, this is the former Bump weekend, now the Ridge weekend, and the weather report is for some ice storms in the furthest reaches. With luck they won’t affect the tournament. Back in the day, by now I’d be pulling out what little hair I have left, consulting the weather forecast every two seconds and praying for those Santa Ana winds that Raymond Chandler liked to talk about. It is so nice to have moved on.

And yes, speaking of busy beavers, I have been furiously creating trivia questions for the annual December Bean Blast. We’ll also give out a few NFL certificates (don’t give me that look, you spalpeen!) and turn Robbie into Captain Emeritus (which is Captain America’s second cousin twice removed). I’m thinking, new rules:
2 beans if you answer a question correctly
It costs you 1 bean to pass a question. If the passee gets it right, you give them a bean plus the pass bean. If the passee gets it wrong, they lose one bean
That sounds like it will work.

No comments: