Monday, December 15, 2008

Rigid running; VCA statistics

I didn’t even look at my email yesterday. If that isn’t pure joy, I don’t know what is.

Ridge was absolutely cut and dry, as tabbing goes. The Rigids (is that what one calls Ridge students?) are among the most efficient ballot processors on the face of the planet; they really made the debate trains run on time for the whole weekend. We literally never sat around wondering where ballots were (although we did, occasionally, wonder where the Usual Suspects had disappeared to, but this being a family blog, I am not allowed to name them, but if you’ve ever run a tournament, you know who they are as well as I do). We also used dropbox to share files in advance, and Kaz arrived ready to go, and Kurt has already made the app the de facto storage facility for Jersey policy. According to CP, it was actually Scarola who came up with this and passed it around to the waiting world. I always knew I liked Matt for some reason or other; now I’ve actually got a reason I can point to. Hand that man a Coachean Mensch Award!

Speaking of people whom I can’t mention by name, and people whom I do mention by name, I have run some statistics and discovered that the VCA comprises the following:

1. People in the glossary over on the right who want to hear the latest about themselves
2. People I don’t even know who hate the very ground that I walk on and are looking for ammunition
3. People I don’t even know who hate the very ground that I walk on and think that every veiled reference is about them
4. Competing blogs wondering if I’ll ever mention them
5. Competing blogs wondering if I’ll ever read them
6. Matt Thomas
7. The executives of virtually every institution in America that ends in the initials F. L. (many of whom are also covered in #2 and #3 above) although not one of them would admit it
8. Former Sailors who accidentally type in the wrong URL
9. Christian singles
10. This guy who thinks he can tell by our outfits that we are both cowboys

The numbers on these people are still a little unclear (except #6, which is one, and #10, which is also one unless bipolarism counts as two), and there’s a lot of overlap among 2, 3 and 7, but when I look at the stats Google provides I’m usually pleasantly surprised at the actual vastness that does exist.

Who doesn’t read this blog?

1. The Sailors
2. My family
3. Sarah Palin

You now know everything I ever intend to share about my readership.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot a category--debate coaches who like to procrastinate and figure they could claim that reading a fellow coach's blog is some kind of professional development if they ever get called on the carpet for their web-surfing breaks.

Anonymous said...

LOL

guilty.