Monday, April 07, 2008

States and clams; feeds and chips; chez and crackers

In a most shocking development, the Sailors who went to Albany over the weekend were mildly disappointed with the event, and at least one of them suggests that he would not be attending in the future. I assume that at least the debate side of the event is still going on, as no results have been published, which is odd given that the speech results are on tabroom.com. I hope at least that the Tars got a shot at some of those fried clams and fries at that place off Wolf Road. That’s almost worth the trip, if you ask me.

I am continuing my feed page at this link. I’m not quite sure why, as in, I wonder if my original goal is even close to what this might be becoming, but nonetheless the dedicated scientist takes the experiment wherever it goes, and does not make claims of the results before the Bunsen burner even gets warm. Or something like that. What I tend not to include in the feed is the general, meatiest news of the day, because it doesn’t catch my fancy as much as more outrĂ© items, or, of course, pieces of obvious debate interest. We’ll see. In any case, if you have an RSS feeder of your own, the best thing to do is just add the feed of this page to that one; then I’m one more list of links in a universe of links lists.

I have reserved my first tee time of the year for next Sunday, the day after the Northeast Championships. Hoo-ha! And yesterday I polished up for tomorrow night’s farewell extravaganza the trivia questions from the Lex RR, which are perfectly good for reuse, except for the handful of obscure debate questions that only O’C knew the answers to (I only write down the questions, not the answers, when I do this trivia stuff because, well, if I know the Q, I know the A, like, duh). And I posted a new Nostrum. And I did all sorts of housecleaning and the like around the chez, and did some reading by the fireside. Lots of time on my hands in the interstitial between debate and golf… I am left with nothing but sending Shortie G on her way to CatNats, which is after I send myself to sunny Espana.

Summer is in the air.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goffman Girl and I will definitely be heading off to states next year, whether we qual or not

such pristine organization cannot be missed