Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'll Take Forensic Humbugs for 200, Alex

(Just an aside: We don’t really need a whole big internet. Amazon is enough. You can buy uranium ore and elk carcasses, which pretty much covers the gamut as far as I’m concerned, as long as you throw in the occasional Badonkadonk Land Cruiser to keep things interesting.)

Bean Trivia went well last night (and into overtime). It never ceases to amaze me what knowledge is or isn’t in the generational zeitgeist. I really thought that the Little Rascals would be a total blank, for instance, whereas I thought even my cats could name Sleeping Beauty. Whatever. Whether the Sailors will be ready for Jan-Feb remains to be seen, given the amount of time we spend off-topic, but if there was ever a resolution of dead-horse-beatability, this is it. I mean, how much can you say after you’ve said just war, preemptive rules and general international justice? Very narrow area with a vast range of approaches. Go ye forth and write ye cases. And gather ye together on the mount over vacation to brainstorm, ye yo-yos. Meanwhile I’ve polished up Geopolitics for lecture presentation at the “Oh Little Town of Parsippany” Institute, and as soon as Cruz tells me what else he wants, I’m on it. I’m hoping now for an analysis of the meanings of world’s fairs, from Crystal Palace to Flushing Meadows. This material is of no use to anyone, but it does seem a shame to waste all the information on the subject that’s just rattling around in my brain. Eject it before it turns to dust!

I guess I’ll be slacking off a bit for the holidays, insofar as writing here is concerned. I don’t guarantee it, but I wouldn’t be surprised. One really does need to do something else other than debate once in a while. Of course, I still have one last fling this coming weekend at Regis. We’ve got over 200 lost souls showing up so far, which just goes to show you that if you throw it, they will come. This is the first official workout for tabroom.com with the CFL, but they all seemed to rise to the occasion. Of course, it’s not as if it’s new to them, as it’s been used by NYSFL for a while, and what is States but CFL finals writ small? Meanwhile I’ve been playing Scrabulous with CP, who just makes up words that look like words, but I’m not going to challenge him unless he slips ahead on the scorecard. Let’s face it. If you’re going to make up words, they should use all seven letters and land on a red square. I have taken to carrying a Scrabble game with me on weekends, but I keep being too busy to do anything about it. Lexington should provide some tabular leisure. Me vs Palmer, mano a mano (unless Ryan H is there, in which case it will be mano a trois). Let’s see you make up words then, bub!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fair warning, I'm a ridiculously slow Scrabble player, which is why Scrabulous suits me so well. We may end up outpacing the Policy final round at the rate I play.