Friday, January 06, 2006

Less fun than a barrel of novices

Last night the varsity met at the chez to discuss Jan-Feb. In truth, this meant that The Superhero Without Any Superpowers, met at the chez to discuss Jan-Feb. My, that boy can talk! Isn't there an activity called after-dinner conversation at some state FL or other? Presumably passing the conversational ball around once in a while is a point-getter, in which case good old TSWAS isn't going to take top speaker, if you get my drift. Now he's off to New Jersey to try out his cases, and to decide whether he's right or I'm right about them. I mean, what are the odds?

Tomorrow the newbies and I head on down there to join him for a small MHL. For some reason we got few teams signed up for this weekend. I can't imagine why. You'd think that at least the LDers would want to be practicing their chops for Bigle X. Maybe some unsigned-up folks will show at the last minute; that would be nice. As it stands now there will be just one division of LD and one of Policy. In and out and don't take any prisoners. And stop at India House on the way home!

I have a message about MJP and LDEP and yadda yadda yadda in my inbox. I've got a bit of a cold at the moment so I'm not quite up to that right now, but the more I think about it, the more I hear CLG saying, If you can't pick up X's ballot, you shouldn't be in LD. So true, so true. I'll talk about that more next week when I'm presumably back in the pink. It may be time for LDEP to fish or get off the pot.

I never did mention that, when I was up with the relatives over Christmas, I got to see the Nostrumite. (I didn't get to see either Star Wars or the Milennium Falcon, however, as the MOS was sold out, which is how I found Nostrumite time, and I'm just going to assume that the girl Burgers met on the T was right and that I wasn't missing anything.) Odelie is now halfway between not pregnant and her firstborn, and she looks great. The Mite is studying carpentry so that he can build the perfect nursery, starting with a crib. This I've got to see. If there was ever anyone who doesn't know a hammer from a hog call, it's the Nostrumite. No child should have to sleep in a crib of his creation. Odelie simply gave one of those giaconda smiles that anyone married to the Mite has to master early in the relationship, the poor girl. A reproduction of the Nostrumite! The mind boggles. With luck, the little pooper will veer toward the matrilineal in its gene draw.

No comments: