Friday, December 02, 2005

Odds at the end of the week

Poker night tonight. Probably a tournament. I'm feelin' lucky, punk.

I didn't even log on last night. I watched House and played some stupid ATV game that came with my PS2. So much more fun than Bump.

I forgot to mention that I made an enhancement (all right, I was given an enhancement) on the team site's reading list. Now, you'll need a PC for this, more's the pity, it doesn't work yet on the Mac, but run your wee sma mousie over the link to Amazon. No! Slower! Ah. There it is. Cool, eh? But speaking of which, some of these books are PD (not to be confused with VBD, which is another thing altogether), and there's no reason why we can't just throw up a pdf. I'll get on it. Some day. Some place. (Some place where there isn't any trouble. Do you think there really is such a place?)

Tomorrow I clear out the waiting list (I think I can find a few more spaces for LD) and begin entering the data into TRPC. That'll be the Good TRPC. (Or Glinda, as we like to call it, the Good TRPC of the South. Glinda was the witch of the south, right? The witch of the north—not in the film—was never seen again in the books, I don't think. East and West were the Wicked ones.)

(See what I mean about Bump destroying otherwise perfectly good minds?)

Meanwhile, I've been trying to scope out the Speech tournament on Lex weekend. It looks as if it's nowhere near Lexington, plus their tournament hotel is, get this, the Ritz! Hell, most places we go to, not even the tournament crackers are the Ritz. And they tell us how wonderfully cheap it is (about $170 a room with taxes), which I guess *is* cheap for the Ritz (hotel, that is; it's pretty expensive for the crackers). And then there's Harvard, which is always bing-bang sign up fast, get the rooms, hoo-ha! I've definitely decided not to go, because I'm leaving for London bright and early the following Tuesday, and I don't want to screw that up. Plus, I have a feeling that now that Claire has that actor on call playing the part of Phantom, Old Leather will turn up everywhere during the weekend, and I simply can't afford his bar bill, much less keep up with him. Anyhow, I've put up a signup db for Harvard on both team group sites, and nudged Dave about Lex, on which we'll confab Tuesday, so planning for post Bump (or Bumplex, as I'm beginning to see the two as a continuum) goes on apace.

And just think: Post Bump is just 10 days away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered a middle eastern place that makes the most amazing lamb wraps for like $7. Your loss. I think Old Leather learned his lesson at Little Lex to continue his policy of avoiding debate tournaments like the plague, though I'm sure he could have followed us to dinner some night.