Sunday, December 04, 2005

No nap today...

...although I could have used one.

High point of the day: Pulling out an umpty-ump of crappy prizes from the crappy prize closet. Jeesh! Some of this stuff is worthless—I mean, priceless. Definitely priceless. And the thing is, the closet is still filled to overflowing. What a life!

Low point of the day: Sitting here inputting everything, except now, it's all done. I'm missing a couple of judges from hither and thither, but LD is 99% done. Policy is missing two schools, only one of which is dubious. So, Policy is 90% done.

And the waitlist is shut down. No way. Housing is filled, and would be happy to be less filled, the tournament is filled, and would be happy to be less filled, so as they say on the Food Channel, put a fork in me because I am done.

And now, upstairs for a nice cuppa tea. Maybe a digestive biscuit. And maybe a sit-down with the old Pipster for some Christmas menu planning.

BTW, my daughter sent me her iterinerary. She arrives home Wednesday night. She leaves New Zealand, from the looks of the flight plan, 187 hours in advance of final arrival. The bad news: she is going to be seriously jet-lagged. The good news: she'll get to read Moby Dick again. Twice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or, alternatively, I'll alternate between Terry Pratchett and Dostoevsky.