Monday, December 05, 2005

Chip dip

Well, here's the deal. If you had ace-king unsuited, would you bet big? If the flop includes another ace and another king, would you go all-in? Here's my consolation. I lost to a royal flush. If you gotta lose, lose to a royal flush.

So there's this big stack of paper at home that is Bump. And various program files and their backups. Tonight the judge list goes live, although a number of people have apparently seen enough to know that so-and-so won't judge them, thank you very much. I did offer an option of dumping Hen Hud judges predicated on their old-time conservatism. I claimed that my old-timers would as a rule expect you to argue the resolution, and for all I know (I haven't opened any of the emails yet) that was good enough! There is still a part of me that says, you should be able to pick up ANY ballot if you're really good, but then again, 3 strikes of some stinkers who have always had it in for you doesn't really contradict this stance.

Other than that, I'm beginning to catch up on stuff. Novice cases. MHL bills. Christmas shopping. Cancelling Ridge (no adult, we're out of business). Planning Lex for us and Speech. Harvard notice (I haven't even looked yet at that db since I've created it). Exploring the new Firefox (issues here in the office, but they may be related to our font server, which often shows signs of insanity). Letting the Little Elvis battery run down (otherwise battery life runs down, and we wouldn't want that). Saturday was strange. Yeah, I was doing Bumpisms, but also it's the first Saturday I haven't been at a tournament since Monticello. I don't expect Saturdays off except during Christmas. I felt I should be reading the Sunday paper on Saturday morning. It took FOREVER to do the puzzle.

6 more days till Bump is a memory.

No comments: