Thursday, March 10, 2005

Is Robbie's brother prolix?

I just read his post on my favorite website. Took a few hours, but it gave me a distraction at the office. If you would prefer a nutshell:

1. For those of you who can't remember back to the first week of team meetings, I'll re-twitter the haunting refrain, "If you don't read the Times every day, you're an idiot." You'll recall my gently sending you favorite articles of the day until I felt that you had been spoonfed enough. At that point you carried on for yourself, or went back to Spongebob reruns. If you thought we couldn't tell the difference, then have another crabcake.

2. Argue the topic, you schmegeggie!

As I said, Robbie's brother was able to say this in many more words, but that's probably from lack of English, as he himself would probably be the first to admit. Not that I'm saying that great minds think alike or anything -- I would find it frightening to agree TOO much with Robbie's brother -- but as far as debate goes, knowing what you're talking about, and then talking about it, seem to be pretty basic concepts of the old Hen Hud "Home of the Antichrist" Team.

No comments: