Thursday, October 04, 2018

In which we de-duplicate


I’ve seen this before and I don’t know why it happens. You run up a new tournament in tabroom, based on an old tournament, and there’s multiple iterations of the same judge group. I just saw it again on the Princeton setup. It’s easy enough to fix, but it must be rather perplexing for someone new to the game. In any case, fix it I did, and that was that. Registration for the Tiggers is now officially open. The Tigs created the tournament, so I’ll spend some time going over it in detail when I get an opportunity, but at the moment, people can sign up, so that’s all that matters. And I set the judging to be rounds obligated per team for both LD and PF. It will be fun to see how that plays out.

Rather Large Bronx is pretty much set numbers-wise. Bronx wanted to put in swing teams, which we tried to explain to them went out with Bennie Goodman, and they finally understood our point, but they did have some teams they wanted to throw in to get some experience, and why not. They can’t break, and they’ll get no benefits from tab, and they’ve got the space. Go for it. No blood will be shed as a result.

We still have a boatload of judges without paradigms. I don’t understand why. It’s not like it’s some fine-print line in a footnote on the invitation no one ever reads. I’ve made the first threat via email. What are they waiting for? Tomorrow there will be the second threat, which will be even more bloodthirsty, until the final threat on Monday, which will be fire and brimstone turned up to eleven, with emails only to the problem schools.

Meanwhile, the Regis CFL, Scarsdale and Little Lex have also popped up on the agenda. The season is in full swing.

No comments: