Monday, June 12, 2017

In which we check in with a brief update

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I’ve been up to my eyeballs in this and that for the DJ, and there isn’t that much going on that you’d be terribly interested in, so there we are. I haven’t stopped blogging, it’s just that I don’t have much to say and not much free time to say it. 

One thing you might have missed is that my daughter and her husband are now raising a daughter. I am fascinated by her. I just like looking at her (and holding her, knowing that if she raises a ruckus she has a parent nearby to take over). There’s all sorts of clichéd things I could say, but you can figure them out for yourself. One thing I’ve started doing is putting together a family history for her. This is a good writing project for me. In fact, I’ve made abortive attempts at doing it in the past, but having Rowan (that’s her name) is a real motivator. My daughter has all sorts of genealogical info on the clan; I’m looking to add some narrative.

I’m also in the process of working up all the parts of the Tournament Toolkit, those I’ve written, those I’ve thought about, and those I will think about. I would like to have it complete by the end of the summer, and progress is being made. Whether anyone will ever consult these pages is an open question, but their existence is their own reward. Once we kick into next season I expect there will be more activity on the Fb page. It’s not as if I can’t find things to complain about regularly.


I’ll also be doing my annual cleanup of my website. It shouldn’t be too major, but there will be something, I’m sure. I keep threatening myself to do a total redesign with some of the tools from my site host, but that does seem like a lot of work, and who has the time?  


///

No comments: