Wednesday, January 18, 2017

In which we look at the waitlist. And then the other waitlist.

On another note altogether, Hen Hud’s Baby Bump is actually looking quite robust. I did bang a few heads together to let people know that I would frown on their non-attendance, but honestly I think the real issue is that people do indeed want a one-day tournament for their younger students. I know I would. It ought to sell itself, and maybe, in the long run, that is what it did. I do know that anyone who expects me to work their tournament in the future better have an awfully good reason not to support it. I think I may have already ceded one of my commitments next year. Quid pro quo. You don’t come to (loosely interpreted) my tournament, I don’t go to yours. What could be more fair?

Having cleaned up Penn, I’m now in the fun position of regularly checking the entries for drops, and then immediately filling up the slots. I was talking to one coach yesterday who couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t in, and I admitted that I had already let in too many, and as we were communicating enough slots opened up to let his folks in after all. He was, indeed, at the top of the list. Anyhow, that sort of thing is fun. I’d forgotten that Hen Hud was also waitlisting, so I got to clear some more of them, too.

Then there’s Columbia. I rejiggered the deadlines for people a little while ago, but I’m still unsure where we stand. The college is beyond the pale when it comes to letting us know about rooms in a timely manner. Fortunately most of the attendees these days are local enough to adjust, but jeesh! It’s a pain.

And to think, the so-called Emory weekend I have off. That will be nice. Any break in the routine is useful to recharge the old gray cells.



///

No comments: