Thursday, December 17, 2015

In which we mostly gripe about the long line

I’ve got a feeling that the Regis KK AKA CC is going to be a job of work. Almost every division has an overabundance of one school. The problem is to have that one school debate itself with neutral judges while other schools don’t debate themselves. It takes a cool head and a keen eye… Plus I have to remember not to delete any scheduled rounds, which I am wont to do, just because I’m an idiot. Come to think of it, I may need to schedule some rounds in the first place. Oh, well. I’ll be taking the train into the city at the c of d on Saturday, wifi in hand. Anything left undone will be seen to at that point, unless I fall asleep. So it goes.

Tomorrow my entire DJ department is going to see SWTFA. We have been warned that there is an hour wait on the popcorn line. Sigh. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a SW pic without popcorn. That’s like going to a baseball game without beer. Or, for that matter, going to a lot of other places without beer. Most places, come to think about it, unless they have wine as a consolation prize. But I digress. This means that I will be seeing it without the wife, who only realized what was happening the second time I mentioned it. I told her that if it’s good I’ll go with her and see it again next week, and if it sucks, I’ll have saved her the bother. Turns out that it’s getting good reviews though. Not hearing about the big spoiler—Kaiser Soze turns out to be Norman Bates’s mother, or whatever—becomes progressively more difficult as more and more people see it, and as my daughter is doing, if I can keep myself away from social media for another day, I should be okay.


Maybe I’ll bring a peanut butter sandwich. Or some jujubes or tootsie rolls. Or maybe I’ll stop at a street vendor on the way and get some rat-on-a-stick. Or maybe I'll hard-boil up some eggs tonight and stuff my pockets with them in the morning. And there is that can of haggis we use as a souvenir from our trip to Scotland. Maybe that and a can opener and a couple of forks to share it around.

Tough call.

No comments: