Thursday, July 31, 2014

In which we're back, at least for a little while

Yeah, I haven’t posted in ages, and maybe longer. And since I’ll be on vacation soon, I won’t be posting again for ages, but if I don’t start to push myself in the right direction, I may never start up again. And let’s face it: the season is upon us.

Last night I worked with Adam Torson on a podcast. I should be able to mix it tonight and put it out tomorrow. We go over the proposed LD resolutions. I had wanted a couple of other folks to join us, but they bowed out for one reason or another. No problem. I’ll get them next time. The thing is, doing the podcast does require a modicum of tech skills on their part, since just recording Skype has been problematic (although I’m thinking it may be because I’m using the Mac Mini, and if I go back to the MacBook it may work better; we’ll see). So you can’t just grab someone at the last minute if they’re not prepped. I do want to get this out before the voting begins. And it will be under the auspices of the NDCA rather than TVFT.

See. I have been doing something.

Yale opens tomorrow morning, and everything looks set. I’ve even got some Sailors signed up. The Pups have a disclaimer they’re asking people to sign, which is a little problematic. More on that as things develop.

Jake opens tonight with the traditional “We Stayed Up for the Midnight Show and All We Got Was Jar Jar Binks” opening. I’ve tried to talk O’C out of it but he says it’s now a tradition, which is his blanket explanation for anything that a normal person (i.e., me, as compared to him) thinks is nuts. Whatever. You try to talk him out of it. I give up.

And for those following at home, the DisAd is now a mere two weeks away. Although a bunch of the DAs have been out frolicking in Vegas with the Nat Soc of the Dark Arts, so for them, it’s already vacation. Me, I’m working up a storm at home. Someone’s got to do some work around here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My informal poll of twenty had two opposed. You were one of the two.

Anonymous said...

:o)

Jim Menick said...

Which means that there's one other normal person out there. How many of your voters are of voting age? How many live on the east coast? How many would recognize Chester A. Arthur if he came into their room and woke them up in the middle of the night?

Anonymous said...

All are from the East Coast, all are head coaches, all are adults, and some are older than you. I'm comfortable with my decision. By the way, welcome to the start of the season!

Anonymous said...

I concede that I did not, however, survey on the subject of my Halloween costume.