Friday, August 01, 2014

In which, without regret, we go to bed early

O’C chastised me for not registering for his tournament at midnight. Like that’s ever going to happen. A thousand people signed up, he says, in two minutes, or something like that. I’m sure they did. It’s a great and popular tournament. It’s curious, though, that the vast majority of the entrants have the same initials: TBA. Hmmmm…

I got the raw file from Adam for the NDCA podcast, and assembled the show last night. Aside from my Darth Vader breathing, it sounds fine. (Note to self: move microphone up a little bit up from the pie hole next time.) I’m still debating how to work it for final presentation. I could create a second blog page on the NDCA site just for podcasts, but I’m thinking that one is enough, and I’ll just list it on the designated podcast page and solicit comments via the blog. I also have to get it onto iTunes, which I trust is the same process as the good old days when I did Nostrum and TVFT. And finally, at the moment it has no intro, and I probably should throw something together. I should have all this done by the end of the day, the good Lord willin’ and the creek don’t rise.

Full of inspiration from the Nat Soc Dark Arts, O’C is getting local coaches together for a season-opening lunch. That’s a good idea. Once we start doing tournaments, people are busy, well, doing the tournament. Time set aside to talk and plan will never hurt.

Anyhow, I have now registered for Jake, but am on the waitlist. Oh, the humanity. (Oh, the admin rights on tabroom—so much for humanity.) I’ve also registered for the Pups. The latter is real, because of the hotel room situation. Jake is more guess and golly, especially on the Speecho-American side. Ever try to get a Speecho-American to register for something two and a half months in advance? I did get one S-A who single-entered for Dec, which is admirably proactive on her part, aside from the fact that the tournament doesn’t offer Dec. Oh, well. That’s why the school hands out cattle prods to all the team coaches.

No comments: