Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Either/Or

A Kierkegaard moment, you ask? Or an Elliott Smith moment? Whichever.

Logic demands the following. If an article is going to be commented on here, it will not be in the raw Feed. If an article is something about which I have no comment, which is often the case, it will go into the raw Feed unheralded here. In other words, either/or.

If you're following this blog through RSS, and also following the Feed through RSS, this will eliminate the overlap, except when I forget and raw-feed something I'm also blogging about, because, well, perfect I ain't. As you probably know, I recommend RSS for all your computing needs, and even supply directions on how to use the Google Reader.

But then again, what if someone only reads the raw Feed, or only reads this blog? Either through RSS or good-old-fashioned going to the website? Won't they miss out on half the stuff? That would have to be their problem, I guess. I can't go to everyone's else and tell them how to optimally live their lives, although if I did, their lives would be better for it.

In this vein (eliminating duplication, that is, not the going-to-your-house-and-straightening-you-out vein), I'll stop sending this blog to the raw Feed. I exist to serve only you, bro and/or sis. You know that. The thing is, I'm evolving what I do here. Look on the bright side. It's the off season. We've got time to experiment. (And if you're serving something really good for dinner, maybe I will go to your house and straighten you out after all. Will work for food, you know?)

No comments: