Friday, February 06, 2009

Things to do. Things todo. Todo Things. Whatever.

I run this todo program called Things on my Touch. It has become the driving force of my existence. Every time I think of something I have to do, I type it in, and then it gets sorted and prioritized and, with any luck, sooner or later I do it. Granted there are a million todo programs out there, but this one has some meaningful functionality, and it’s always in my pocket.

How did I ever live without the Touch?

Anyhow, this weekend Things tells me I/we need to scope out the MHLI, update the Northeast Chumps, and get started on the Modnov topic site. And tab Scarsdale. I gather O’C will be arriving late (by design rather than by accident; late being the usual Scientology arrival time at most tournaments would normally render this comment unnecessary), but some of these todos require his todoing. We have about one more month before debate goes away at the end of March. After Districts (for which, at the moment, I have no takers among the Sailors, because, as always, they have other commitments for the week of NatNats, things like mandatory tests and graduation, which are of little concern to Rippin’, which I only point out because, if I am going to be demonized, I need occasionally to say something that warrants demonization), we’re done, except for the poor souls who venture forth to States (which I won’t say anything randomly bad about aside from the poor souls reference since I’ve expended my daily dose of bile on NatNats, and one does need to conserve one’s energy). Unless, of course, we qualify someone for CatNats. The Sailors haven’t entered the qualifier competition yet with much fervor, however; I’m trying to push a couple of plebes into PF because I think they’d do well, but they’re still ruminating over it. Whatever. The up side of a small entry is that I can drive my car down to the event, which speeds things up enormously. We’ll see.

And now, ta da, you can buy a Wii from Amazon with absolutely no hullabaloo whatsoever. They’ve taken all the fun away from it. Will I break down and finally buy one? I’ll have to look in Things and see if it’s on my todo list.

No comments: