Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Remembering Michael Bacon


One of the Sailors wrote this.

"I am honestly stunned. In the countless hours I spent with Mr. Bacon during Bump, I quickly grew to admire him. His undeniable kindness and how quickly we hit it off two weekends ago did enough for me to exemplify the kind of guy he was. I had the honor of being judged by him - even then I was fortunate to notice how constructively he critiqued what could've easily been labeled an abhorrent performance on my part - just again showing how much he surely loved what he was doing. In talking with him and seeing him communicate with his NFA pupils, it was clear he was passionately involved in debate and took much pride in improving those who he taught."

I cannot add to it. We all miss, and mourn, a friend.

No comments: